|Photo credit to JFlory !!|
Trying to be on the spot !!
- Got a chance to meet existing contributors, who are doing great work and i am communicating regular. I help them and they help me. Jean-Baptiste, Zoltan, Noriko, Alex, Patrick, Fale, Gabriele, Justin, Paul Frield, Matthew, Ryan, Jona this list is bit big, so if i missed your name please consider its here. May be i could had written Team names.
- Though G11N workshop was planned was on 3rd day but we were actually daily discussing open issues and how to get rid of it. It actually helped as a prep-work for workshop.
- 1st and 2nd day, i did not missed even single track and attended at least one talk from each track. My schedule is here, feel free to ping me, if you want more info.
- We had good number of talks on G11N this time.
- Please Note: Its not only APAC where there is need for languages other than English but its Europe as well. Only major issue APAC face is language with complex script. Europe most of the languages use Latin (extended), its make life bit easy for processing it on computer.
- Talks and presence of more G11N members helped to make things more clear to other attendees and it actually help to get in new contributors. This is mostly from Translation side though but new contributors bring in new mind sets and help to improve processes.
- I presented on G11N audit of Fedora Atomic and happy it was well taken. Since presently more focus on modularity and containers, its right time to get involved and make sure adding language support will not become more bottleneck during implementation period. We need more testing.. At least in presentation i have mentioned more visible issues and even possible solutions as well. Going to work on then in coming Fedora releases. Presentation slides here.
- G11N workshops was really with nice discussions and more action oriented. We all agreed to have
- Globalization steering committee for language related issues though need many fixes to proposal itself.
- Mike Demonstrated IBUs Emoji typing feature and ibus typing booster multilingual stuff. these are key features in Fedora 25. Unicode 9.0 is already in Fedora 25.
- Most of the members requested for T-shirts for G11N contributors. (FPL came as a rescue and mentioned it might be possible and depends.)
- G11N FAD - More members are interested in hosting this :) Albania, Hungary and even Japan and India and i think some more locations. We have to coordinate with all and see how can we proceed for this.
- Jean-Baptiste presented on improvements points and issues he gathered with Zoltan. I really liked those and even thinking it as a TODO list for Localization in coming year. We were need more time for discussions 2 hours is indeed not enough with many active people with different expertise, L10N, I18N and Zanata. I will be very happy if each members can blog with there TODO for next year, it will help to gather me improvements plan. May be we can push on community blog.
- Summary is drafted in PiratePad.
- I also attended famsco and Budget workshop. In FamSco i think we are agreed to move ahead with fosco without replacing famsco and start with minimal groups. In budget, fyi.. Budget is happens for year "Mar-Feb" next cycle is Mar,2017-Feb 2018 and we are almost in planning phase for it. Any things which required specific budget please start listing it somewhere.
- Knowing this, its difficult to do G11N FAD till Feb 2017 requiring big budget. But if its less budget, good to propose it, there is always some chance. I am more oriented for doing virtual one till Feb 2017. Planning to having "Localization oriented FAD in Albania and Hungary", I18n oriented FAD remotely for F26 (Japan, Germany, India and may be other countries.)
- Also we (with Jean-Baptiste and Zoltan) got interviewed for Radio stuff. It was really great to see, recorder was so involved in the interesting things we were speaking that he forgot to start recording and we again redone recording :) Exciting to hear recording soon.
- Nicely organized Flock, in 2014 we were running whole day from Hotel-Venue-lunch dinner. Here it was same place, so actually gave more time for talks with other peoples.
- Social events were nice. I loved it. In fact Location itself great. Nice to learn about Krakow history, its very reach.
- Kudos to organizing team !! Joe came as a saviour for me in last moment and booked ticket in last stage. I confirmed my travel on 29 July, it is enough to explain pain. All other members including Bex, Rafel, Spot, Paul, Ruth there are many name here missing again, so please consider them.
- Lucky to meet Ekaterina and David. After using and working for Gnome almost a 10 year, happy i became Gnome foundation member now.
Might be i will write other blog with some specific things, i think enough for this one. Thanks for reading.
Post a Comment