We started planning for this one month back. Since we are doing this meetup regularly now, most of the things were known, only execution was required.
Following are the highlights
- We started bit late. (Learning, next time should start late around 11:00am)
- We started at 10:30am with quick introduction of all the attendees. It was really motivating to see few community attendees travelled from 30km radius to attend meetup.
- I demonstrated about the new features in Fedora 30. Really though we upgrade but sometime, we miss to see the features. Also we quickly gone through Panteon Desktop.
- Parag delivered his session on modularity. It was very engaging presentation and attendees asked good questions. Parag suggested attendees to go actual trial for better understanding the concept.
- We took break after it for Snacks. Red Hat office was pack with multiple events on this date. walk-in interview + one more meetup. We got sports room, where we not only enjoyed snacks but also played games :)
- After this Praveen Kumar delivered presentation on CoreOs. Though, he delivered slides prepared by Sinny but he explained things well. He also demonstrated Fedora CoreOS.
- We had some time and Kushal asked audience if they have any questions on Qubes OS. He demonstrated it to attendees. It was good demonstration.
|Pravin demonstrating Fedora 30 features|
|Parag presenting on Modularity|
|Praveen Kumar presenting on Fedora CoreOS|
We were late, around 12:30pm we went for Cake cutting.
Overall, very good meetup. Thanks to :
- Fedora Mindshare group for meetup approval.
- Akshay Gaikwad for quickly providing design.
- Proactive Organizers (Ompragash, Parag, Pooja, Suprith, Me) and last but not least
- all the attendees.
|During break :)|
|Fedora 30 release celebration !!|