Yes, due to more non-english speaking population. I am sure, many of attendees already experience, German language matters a lot in Germany.
This blog is more from what we are bringing out of this flock. Following are the points:
- Sundeep and Parag delivered this talk on the 2nd day. From the vision defined in flock 2017, this flock its ready for consumption. Sundeep has already provided stats covering important packages for Fedora 29. I am sure, Sundeep will write more detailed blog around it.
- For members still dont know about Transtats. It is not a Translation platform, like Transifex, Zanata or Pootle. Rather its a best tool designed till date to analyse and track translation status of particular package during his lifecycle from Upstream (git etc), To Downstram (Fedora etc) and Translation Platform (Zanata etc) to what actually end user gets.
- Off-line discussions
- During discussion with Igor and Jens, we came to know we can have langpacks for each package. Presently with few packages, we are installing translation for all language defaults. Though it is in KB's but still to be more modular, we need sub-packaing for it. It will introduce many sub-packages in each package. With some macro, we can do it.
- Also there are one non-trivial bugs from glibc locale subpackaing. i.e. at a time, it keeps both glibc-all-langpacks and glibc-langpack-en and other individual locales pack as well.
- We formed g11n group 3 years back to start more collaboration between, l10n, i18n, fltg and zanata but unfortunately its not going that well. Also we noticed, l10n does not have there own track and using g11n pagure instance only. Will create one for localization soon.
- This went very well, Devel team demonstrated new features from them. QE team presented automation activities happening on Fedora side. Discussion happened on upstream first testing and available test cases for existing packages. Both devel and qe team agreed for more collaboration on CI side.
- We also had discussion about Fedora modules translations as well.
- More details about hackfests in shared document.