|FAD 1st day (20th Nov, 2017)|
This was the second i18n FAD with earlier one in Nov 2015 (G11n FAD). With the earlier experience of organizing FAD, we spent a good amount of time in planning and making this successful. This time intentionally kept it only for i18n to make it more focused. Thanks to Fedora council for approving budget, it was not only budget approval but further help from Bex for booking air tickets as well.
Participants for this FAD were from Poland, Germany, Tokyo, Beijing and India. This time good part was having more members with interest in QA (FLTG). This blog is specifically about my contribution into FAD activities. May be will have specific blog on communityblog to cover whole FAD achievements.
- On first day welcome all to the FAD (with Jens)
- Given quick session about fonts testing automation, present state and what can we do during this FAD.
- Filipino language support
- This was request on pagure g11n to check whether we can begin Filipino language translations. I worked on it with Rafal and also Mike helped to it. We already have nice documentation about language support.
- Only thing remaining was adding support in system-config-language. Reported on upstream with patch.
- This was really interesting for me, after almost 7 years referred it. This task initiated interesting discussion as follows:
- What is use of comps langauge group? We introduced langpacks to get rid of comps group though we still cant pull IME's and Fonts with langpacks.
- Discussion with Parag, Jens, Tagoh and Me.
- Options we have is to have Weak dependencies, DNF groups. But again questions Jens raised do we need it in modularity. We postponed this to Modularity session discussions.
- Font automation testing
https://github.com/pravins/fonts-automated-testing and completed it for SourceHanSansCN-Regular.otf, will gradually add other fonts into it.
- FAD L10N 2018
- Modularity discussions
- Fedora 27 release party
|Fedora 27 release party, Pune, India|
I was happy we able to do it, though not very well planned from my side.
While concludingHad pretty busy FAD. FAD is always great experience to have all active contributors under same roof, productivity is much more and off course how can we forget the fun part :)
|Bowling at Amanora mall, Pune, India|
Though in 3 days we did not able to complete all planned activities but we planned activities for the next whole year. Looking forward from all to complete post-FAD activities. !!